Setting: Babies and Parents at Dinner table; Shannon and Hatch looking out window
Hatch: Oh, look! There is a dog in front of our house. Hmmm . . .
Shannon: Weird. I know, I saw that dog running through the neighbors’ yards across the street about 20 minutes ago.
Hatch: I wonder if that is that stray dog the neighbors were emailing about.
Shannon: I don’t know . . . maybe . . . what kind of dog is it?
Hatch: I don’t know . . .
Shannon: That looks a lot like our dog. {long pause.} That is a yellow lab. {another long pause.} I would bet money that is our dog!
Hatch opens front door . . . Dog Dog runs inside.
Yes, folks, it is true: Dog Dog’s frantic jumping on the side gate {he jumps for many reasons but he goes especially bananas when the boys are in the yard or swinging} broke the latch and Dog Dog romped around our busy street for who knows how long! Whoopsie! We are glad that Dog Dog is back home, safe and sound! {And we feel a tiny bit embarrassed that we had no clue he was even missing . . . oh, those stray dogs!}
And, because I know that what you really want is to see my boys and not hear about Dog Dog . . . a picture for you! {more to come—we have been busy with our baby Charlie, you know!}
1 comment:
I might be the only one, but I like hearing about Dog Dog! (:
Post a Comment