Well, here we are again: Tuesday. I am excited to say that today went much better than the last two Tuesdays, despite the fact that today held a morning activity of the boys and me picking up all 347 q-tips and cotton balls one-by-one from the bathroom floor; an afternoon of what I like to call the “potty relay,” where mid-lunch one boy says he must try to go to the potty, so we zoom upstairs for the entire song and dance and return to lunch to then take the next one up {this happened twice with each of my boys today}; a clean up activity of supervising Hudson drying the bedroom floor with a towel after he intentionally poured Hatch’s water onto the bedroom floor {I was cleaning up the bathroom after the potty brigade when this incident occurred;} and, a memorable moment of Hudson handing me a broken door-knob protector {you know, the thing that keeps kids from being able to use the doorknob because it spins and spins} which he had busted off of the front door of our house. You see, last Friday, I told the boys that I was running upstairs to get their sister, and when I came back down, they were standing in the front yard. A cat had wandered by as they were looking out the window, and it seems that they just couldn’t help themselves from darting out the door to “chase” their feline friend. It was news to me that they could even open the front door, so the door knob protector was our back up plan . . . and, well, we’re back to the drawing board on that one!
Despite the fact that my sweet littlest love turns 7 months old tomorrow {I cannot even talk about it}, I am here to post her 6 month pictures! {You can check out her brothers at 6 mos, too.} We’re way off on her doctor’s visits, so we just had her check up last week. Even though she hardly ate for her 5th month due to all of her ear infections, she still gained weight well. I am so thankful for that!
Sister weighed in at 18lbs, 9.5 ounces {75-90%} and is 26.5 inches long {75%}. This past month has been so much fun and has brought some new adventure to our lives and routine--The johnny jump up and really loving the exersaucer are new activities for her!
Little Miss began eating baby food and is now really enjoying eating a big ole breakfast as well as dinner. {I am resistant to change, so lunch will have to come at a later date. I feel certain she will protest and insist on it sooner rather than later!} She loves pears and sweet potatoes and carrots. She does not seem to love peas or oatmeal, but she will eat them if she is hungry enough! She has learned to sit up well and loves watching the world around her.
{William kept saying: Look! Anna look like a dinosaur wit da green (?) and orange on her face! She a dinosaur!}
{These are hot off the press! Taken tonight!}
Just in the last week or so, she has started to rock back and forth on our laps like she is going to bounce her chubby little self away! She does this often when her active brothers are in go-mode. I have feeling that it won’t take her long to catch them! We’ve taken to calling her “thumpy” because she lifts her legs and bangs them down in unison in her bed and on the floor . . . and she swings them around to scoot 90-180 degrees. We never know where she’ll end up when we put her down at night!
AnnaBug has definitely found her voice, and it is quite loud. She often wakes in the night or early in the morning to squeal and squawk and shake her rattle around, and then she nods on off . . . and, she loves to participate when the noise levels are escalating around here. If her Daddy comes home and has not spoken to her, she usually yells until he looks her way, and then she immediately becomes shy. You see, her Daddy and her brothers are some of her very favorite people to talk to and laugh at each day. {Last week the boys were jumping off the loveseat, which they know they are not allowed to do. I went to stop them, and she was laughing so hysterically at them, she was literally shaking, and, all I could do was laugh! I am in for it, I’m afraid!}
(why not throw a tiny bottle of shampoo into anna’s shelves while naked?)
Sister is so sweet and quite flexible with her daytime routine. In the span of her life, she has had ONE night where she went 12 hours without eating . . . she was still up with the squealing and playing multiple times in the night, but now we know: she can do it. She can go the distance!
Someone asked me recently how the boys are doing with Little Miss, and I said, that they adore her (which is true), and that for almost 7 straight months, on a daily basis, I have said these words: DO NOT touch your sister’s eyes.
While Sissy-Loula-Lou is drooling up a storm and chomping on her fingers, we haven’t actually seen a tooth yet . . . but, we think one is coming in on the bottom . . . eventually . . .
Sister has many admirers, but these are some of her most handsome:
Who doesn’t love having some chub to hold onto?
Love!
Oh, how I love this baby girl of mine! Night Night!
6 comments:
oh I love all these pictures, and so glad Anna is joining the "Anna chub club" with my dear little one :) She is too cute!
I love the last picture with Anna and William... so cute
Love you all,
Bumpa
Use some duct tape on the door knob protector. If you use skinny strips, you can leave the little buttons exposed so you can still open the door, but little fingers can't rip that tape to pull the two halves apart and off the knob! We have to had to do this for Turner's bedroom. He already refuses to sleep in his bed; for my own sanity, we had to ensure he remains in his room! :) Hope this helps keep your little men contained in your home!
I need a copy of that last pic of my sweet William and Anna. Love all three of your dream babies!
TOOO CUTE! Oh my word! Love her and her big bros.
PRECIOUS!!!!! She is absolutely beautiful (really, they all are) but Anna's little face makes me want to just kiss her!
Post a Comment