First, I remembered the final piece to the Overheard post from yesterday:
Sugie: Charlie, who is your brother?
Charlie: Hudsey!
Sugie: Who is your other brother?
Charlie: Hudsey!!
Sugie: Who is your sister?
Charlie: Bay-beeeee!!!
I love it!
+++
And, one of my sweet Mother’s Day moments came today, when after a crazy morning, Little Miss conked out right in my arms. She was snoozing hard, and just so precious. It’s been a while since she has been hard-and-fast asleep in my arms, and I have to say that I miss that a bit. It was so sweet to be able to rock her and hold her and kiss her soft, chubby cheeks while she napped this afternoon. Oh, I just love it.
While this is not the most flattering angle, I just had to take a picture!
Second, one of my friends (who has a precious baby less than a week old!) reminded me of the time that she and I had both longed to be mothers. Having struggled mightily to have our boys, I must say that it still shocks me that here in 2011, I have three children . . . the oldest of whom are not quite 2.5 and the youngest of whom is about 6 months old. Hatch and I had prayed and prayed and begged Jesus to bless us with a family. Although the time of waiting to have the boys was difficult for us both, I remember God being near to us and I remember Him giving us great peace. We knew we would be parents—we just didn’t know what that would look like. We knew God was good, and we knew that in that goodness, He might have still chosen not to give us biological children. But, He did. And, I can honestly say that I never would have imagined life as we know it today. I would never have pictured having a tall, strawberry blonde, sensitive tornado of a boy; a white-blonde sweet, chatty little busy boy; and a beautiful, darling, stunningly blue-eyed baby girl all in 21 months . . . but it is so perfect for our family!
Having Hudson and William was amazing. I thought my heart might explode with joy and love for them. They were so tiny and so sweet and I just loved every coo and chirp that they made. I was completely in love with them and all wound up with new-mama worries for my babies. When they turned one, I began to pray (much to my husband’s dismay—not that I was praying for another baby, but that I was praying for another baby so soon) and ask Jesus to bless us with another little one. (There may have been more tears at this point of the journey. Tears from me, that is. Not Hatch.) Despite God’s constant and abundant faithfulness to us, I still doubted that He would answer this prayer. I don’t think I believed He would bless us again in this way—oh, my doubt and my fear! I was beyond shocked to find out that I was pregnant with Anna. Throughout my pregnancy, I could not believe I was actually pregnant . . . and, even seeing her round little face and big blue eyes, I could not believe she was ours. And, I get to sit in her lovely nursery the day after Mother’s Day and snuggle her close and rock her back and forth and kiss her chubby little cheeks. It still amazes me that she is mine. OH, MY HEART! God’s gentle mercy towards our family was just so sweet to us—and it continues to be so sweet to us. Thank you, Jesus, for making me the mama of these three babes. I love them so!
{picture taken after breakfast in bed!}
This is part of the passage my Bible study is doing tomorrow as we wrap up for the semester, and I feel like it is just so fitting:
“One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts. They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—and I will meditate on your wonderful works . . . They celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and RICH IN LOVE.” Psalm 145:4-5; 7-8
On Mother’s Day, I celebrate God’s abundant goodness to me and, I am so deeply thankful for my precious blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment