Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lately {in cell phone pics}

Life as we know it has left me, well . . . a little tired.  I think our summer fun may have caught up with me.  We stayed close to home this weekend and this week, and it has been a good thing!

Anna and Auntie Owl enjoyed a little of this on Saturday, between rainstorms.  And, yes, I know what you are thinking, and I am glad that my baby knows how to accessorize so well at such a young age!

IMG_1293

The toddler creativity continues on the homefront with what I like to call our very own Chair Train.  I think, in this picture, William was insisting that he was the coal.  Whatever works, my little friend.  Whatever works!  These two tiny partners in crime came up with the Chair Train themselves.  It is really fun to see what they do and to learn more about how their minds work!  I love it!

IMG_1870

The other day, they also played “picnic,” which I decided was too dangerous of a game considering its location . . . so it didn’t last long {this is what happens when I talk on the phone}

IMG_7070

Some of us have enjoyed some cherries this summer (which is why we they eat in the nude)

IMG_2806

Eating continues to be quite fun around here.  In case you were wondering, Little Miss definitely prefers to feed herself these days.  Don’t even think of trying to spoon feed her carrots.  Only babies do those types of things, and she is 10 months old TODAY.  OH MY HEART!  (Please notice her fat lip.  More on that to come.)IMG_3361

Despite her refusal of carrots, every so often, she will allow one of her favorite people to sneak in a bite or two of pears or applesauce.  But, only because they are her favorite people.  IMG_5097

Sissy Lou has also decided that she wants to move, and since all of our beach trips are things of the past, I am willing to let her try.  Her preference is to try to pull herself to a standing position whenever she can, but she still has a hard time getting those cute, chubby legs underneath her.  The fat lip from the picture above was a result of her trying to go from sitting to crawling . . . her new tooth broke her fall and went through her gum.  I started screaming “There’s blood on her dress!  What is happening!?”  Clearly, her plan did not turn out too well. 

This is her trying a normal crawling stance.  Please note that she is screaming.  For the record, if she stands up one day and walks across the room and never crawls, that would be completely perfect for me.  (Please also note the wonderful quilt from Nonna!  We love it!)

  IMG_3785

Sister likes to chomp on okra while dining al fresco.IMG_8824

Her brothers also enjoy eating outdoors (nothing like being squished between a double stroller and a beach towel hanging to dry), but they must do it shirtless if cherries are involved!IMG_9031

Someone continues to master my phone with great ease.  If you get a prank call from a toddler, you now know why.  This is his self portrait.  And, this picture reminds me:  We are officially weaning him off of the propranalol.  We feel like he’s gotten the most out of the medication as he will get, so we are beginning the process of weaning him off of it.  I am thankful that the hemangioma has continued to decrease in size and that he has done so well on the medication (MUCH better than I had initially anticipated).  We’re still praying for it to go away completely, and soon.  Please pray with us!  We want Jesus to fully heal our boy!IMG_0808

And, does it get any sweeter than this?IMG_2863

I think not.

IMG_7190

Nighty night!

1 comment:

Katie, Brett, and Charlie said...

aunt katie loved this blog post!! william's self portrait is amazing - i want a copy.

love that baby william and, yes, his eye looks great. such a beauty, that baby!

hugs and loves to hudsy and honeygirl too.

PS I told Charlie that he was having a sleepover at Sugie and Bumpa and Uncle J's tonight and he said "Hudsy?" XO

Post a Comment