After a wonderful spring break in Char-la-stin with Uncle Christopher and “Uncle Yaur-wa” (pictures to come, I think . . . I have to say “I think” because it is now the end of April and I have yet to post Christmas pictures!), we are doing our best to settle thud back into reality.
Between trying to get back into our routine, unpack, and just be together for Easter, we were able to snap an Easter picture or two.
We’ve been singing “Nothing but the Blood of Jesus” with the boys for weeks now, and we talked lots about Jesus rising . . . we’re not sure if they get it, but they did try to remember to say Happy Easter! Hudsey likes to call this song “whole again,” and they love to sing it over, and over, and over . . .
What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!
Happy Easter from the Reppards!
My three blue-eyed little loves!
I love William’s face in this one! So sweet! Giggler!
Hudson was so eager to hold his sis . . . I love seeing his hand on her arm. And, I love seeing William’s little fingers poking around her shoulder . . . and his eyelashes. Oh, those eyelashes!
Some Easter morning family playtime . . .
And, Easter Day pictures . . .
What our family really looks like:
And, what we can do after having 800 attempts . . . This one makes me laugh out loud! Hudson’s face is PRICELESS. Hatch and Anna are not looking anywhere near the camera, and William is in professor mode and stoically looking over his glasses (Cheese cracker in hand)!
He is Risen! He is Risen, Indeed!
And, that does, in fact, change everything! Alleluia!
*****
Life as we know it: I would like to call this Naptime Regression. It seems that toddlers do not just drop back into bed when they return home from vacation. They destroy and have to learn to sleep in their beds all over again. Here we go.
I have a basket in my room full of little things for Anna (clothes, blankets, pacis, burp cloths, etc.) so that it’s easy to grab what we need in the night . . . well, Mr. William grabbed them and dumped them into his bed and fell fast asleep.
But, he didn’t sleep well ontop of all of those things . . .
So, our little hornet woke up mid-nap and was very sad . . . and had his sister’s pink paci in his mouth! (Rascal!)
And her “Anna” paci clenched in his chubby little hand! (Double Rascal!)
Meanwhile, Brother napped in the wrong bed, facing the wrong way. Please note the clothes spread on the floor.
I was starting to feel badly about having only put away the clothes from the boys’ suitcase, when I saw that Hudson pulled EVERYTHING out of their drawers. I am now beginning to wonder if we should all plan to live out of suitcases until the boys outgrow this wild-man habit.
And, a quick update on our Littlest Love: After a painful (for her and for me) antibiotic injection followed by 9 days of oral meds, Anna finally began to act more like herself—eating better, sleeping more soundly, and feeling less sad. We are so thankful for that! We have now finished her oral meds and have been off them for a little over 24 hours. So, we will see what the future holds. She is still yanking on her ear, so I am wary of a potential lurking infection. We head back to the doctor for an ear check on Wednesday if things don’t get worse before then . . . Thank you for your prayers. Please keep praying for Jesus to completely heal Anna Kathryn’s ears!
And, think of us this week as:
a) Daddy goes back to work and we will all surely cry about that (Hudson cries almost daily when he realizes Daddy is at work anyway, so after a week of having Daddy home, this one is going to be tough) and
b) Uncle Christopher will not be anywhere that we are going this week. Oh, how sad!
But, we did have a wonderful time together. More pictures and fun to come!
Happy Easter!
3 comments:
What precious Easter pictures!! I am also glad to know that Mr. Wade is not the only two-year old who feels he must busy himself by emptying out his dresser drawers!!
welcome back! those are awesome family photos! laundry/clothes are not my friend it never goes away, ever! hang in there sister one day your boys will put their own clothes away, at least when told ;)
aww, I absolutely adore their Easter outfits! That candid one of your family has SO much personality and sums up the Reppy Crew perfectly!! Miss yall already... come back!!!
Post a Comment