Thursday, September 2, 2010

21 Months and 32 Weeks

Somehow, I feel caught between a world where we are “surviving” each day and a world where life and time are just FLYING BY!  My babies, today, turned 21 months.  I CANNOT BELIEVE IT.  And, I cannot even utter the three-letter-word that will become them in three short months.  It just makes me shocked . . . and want to cry (hormones, people!)  These boys are so busy but are just precious . . . William spontaneously tells me that I am “pretty” . . . “oh!  pretty, mommy!  mommy, pretty!”  . . . like, when I wear an apron or when I am at the doctor with him and wearing a hospital gown.  (Other pretty things from this week:  A truck on the side of the road, Hudson, and Sugie!)  I have to say, too, that William kissed my tummy today out of his own initiative.  So cute!  Today, Hudson was so on cue with his manners in his sweet voice that I wanted to squeeze him every time he said please or thank you.  He must have thanked me for dinner and other various things about 15 times in a 45 minute period.  And, anytime anything pink or tiny appears in our house, Hudson automatically says “Anna, Anna.”  OH, so precious!

In addition to my monkeys growing up so quickly. Baby Anna is also growing!  We talked our way into an extra ultrasound, and we were thrilled to find out that Anna is a) still not twins, b) still a girl, and c) (and most importantly) growing and doing very well!  She is weighing in at a little more than 4lbs, which is right on target for her “age.”  We were able to see her heart pumping (which amazes me every time), five teeny toes on what seems to be a chunky foot (like her brothers, perhaps?), a tiny bit of peach fuzz on her head, and we watched her grasp both of her hands together!  They think that she will be somewhere between 6 and 7 pounds . . . personally, I will think it is HYSTERICAL if Anna ends up weighing less than Hudson did at birth!  Time will tell!  It seems that we are right on schedule for our newest big day . . . October 18!

(note:  I was ridiculously tired in this picture!)

IMG_6112

Yesterday, we were quite busy, but we managed to grab lunch at a new Chick Fil A nearby.  And, the cow was there.  You would have thought we were meeting someone famous.  Both boys SQUEALED through lunch and every time the cow even “glanced” their way (which, you can imagine how a gigantic cow might “glance” . . . or just be standing facing your general direction!)  Hudson could not get close enough to the cow;  William, on the other hand, was talking a mile a minute about the cow, but he wanted the cow to stay a good distance apart from him.  Hilarious!

High Fives!

IMG_6109

Hugs!!

IMG_6111

And, a few pictures remaining from August to share . . .

We are still LOVING our kitchen, and we wear our aprons EVERY SINGLE DAY.  More than once, I have been cooerced into wearing an apron, even when I do not need to wear one!  Hudson wears one of my aprons for the time being  . . . ha ha!  We are in desperate need of more wooden veggies, fruit, and food . . . BIG hits around here! IMG_2124 IMG_2126 Snack time rascals!  (please make note of the hair and the cheeks)IMG_2141 IMG_2143 IMG_2145    

IMG_2157IMG_2153

love love love!

No comments:

Post a Comment