My Granny Anne’s (my mom’s mom) birthday was on Friday, and we remembered her as we had tea at the Jefferson in honor of my cousin, Kelly, who got married this past weekend!
Granny Anne was a really neat woman—she was so kind, very creative, and very generous. She would take us on our birthdays to the museum and have us over for tea (with her silver, of course) when we were about to head off to college for the fall.
In honor of my sweet Granny Anne, we have decided to name our little love bug Anna! (You may remember that Hudson Hall is named after my grandmother, Shirley Hall, and William Jeffrey is named after Hatch’s grandmother, Margaret Jeffrey!)
We’ve always loved the name Anna, and it has had some personal significance in our lives as well . . . my grandfather’s aunt was Anna Siddons; my amigos in Nicaragua all call me “Ana” because they could not say Shannon and what came out was, well, we’ll say inappropriate--at best!; and, lastly as a child, I was a tad bit challenging and would try to say “No, No, No, Shannon Leigh” while I was being mischievous . . . but, I couldn’t say my name either, so what came out was “No, No, No, Anna E!” . . . and my dad and Nana still call me “Anna” to date!
We are so excited to welcome our little Anna into our family later this fall! Hatch will reveal her middle name when she is born! :)
And, I know that everyone wants to see the turkeys, so here are two pictures from last night’s going away party for cousin Timmy who left today for his station in Hawaii with the army! We love and miss you, Timmy!
2 comments:
Aww, I love the name Anna! So sweet.
So excited for you guys - what a cute name!
Post a Comment