Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Nephew Charlie!

As you know, my sweet sister, Katie, and her hubby, Brett, have been waiting for the arrival of their precious Charlie. Sugie flew out to San Fran on Friday to help "wait" for the baby to come. On Sunday morning, we were getting ready for church, and my phone rang . . . Katie's water had broken and the baby was on his way! I started to cry! Hatch and I sat down, we prayed for the baby and his excited parents, and we began to look up flights. My wonderful, WONDERFUL husband found me a flight and said "Just book it! GO!" So, I bought the ticket and as he fed my boys lunch, I packed my bag, and we hopped in the car to head to DC. I got on the plane, flew to PA, and then to San Fran. For the first time ever, I couldn't sleep a wink on the plane--I was so excited! My flight arrived an HOUR early and I quickly found out that Charlie was still on his way . . . So, I began running through the airport, I jumped in line for a taxi in front of about 10 other people who were waiting (I was screaming "My sister is in labor! I. NEED. A. TAXI. NOW!"), and I made it to the hospital just in time for Charlie's grand arrival!

I have LOVED being here with sweet Charlie, Katie, and Brett. Charlie is just so adorable and so precious! I am his only auntie and he is my only nephew, and I just love him so much! I am headed home in the morning, but I just had to post a picture or two of the little man.

Charlie's Uncle Hatch and cousins Hudson and William CANNOT wait to meet him! (and, a special thank you to Nonna for swooping in at a moment's notice to care for our little rascals!)

Auntie Shannon with Master Charles Christopher Larson (7lbs; 19.5 inches, born at 10:08pm on Sunday, November 15, 2009, in San Fran!)

Sweet little man, Charlie


Katie is a great mom--and one of the only ones I know who arrived at the hospital with a birthday cupcake and candle for her baby!
I just love this picture because Katie is just staring at Charlie, and Brett is just beaming watching Katie! So sweet!

My sweet little nephew!



















3 comments:

Kath Family said...

a birthday cupcake and candle!!! totally amazing!

Robin said...

he is perfect! congrats :)

The Fifes said...

Congrats to all on the arrival of such a precious baby boy!

Post a Comment