By no means have we reached the new normal . . . but, I think really, really hope we are on our way there. Although, there are several things that I hope do not remain. Normally, I do not see my boys until 8am (they are up, but they would play, sing, scream, etc. in their cribs until I was ready to get them). Today, at 7:04, despite the doorknob locks, Hudson walked right on into the hallway and said “Hi Mommy! I pooped!” And, “Good Morning to you, too, Hudsey!” That was approximately 56 minutes too early for me, and I think we felt it all morning long! Around 9:30 this morning, William informed me that he wanted me to drive him home so he could take a nap. Poor boy—sleeping happens at night! I have been trying what Hatch calls “the voice of God” approach at naptime—I peer through the keyhole and say things like “Lay your head back down!” “Get back in your bed!” It is hilarious and fairly ineffective all at once! Today, they did nap well, but it took almost 90 minutes (and William in the pack and play) to make it happen. (And a note to those with children in cribs: If you decide to put toys in your child’s room, I recommend putting some kind of large bin/bucket in there that can contain said toys so that you can move them out of the room in one fail swoop in order for your child to actually sleep. Did I mention that I walked in yesterday right before Hudson tried to “help Daddy” by “pulling the bookshelf off the wall?” That was a close one!) Tonight was miserable—I think they napped too long. So, here we go . . . two steps forward, one step back, or whatever that saying is!
This, though, is a sweet glimpse of the new normal:
I also love being able to rub their heads and kiss their cheeks without bowing over the rail of the crib. And, today, both boys asked me to rock them. Oh, how I love that. I have a hunch that they won’t be asking me to do that when they are 12, so I’m happy to soak it all up now, if I can.
And, in completely unrelated news, just so you know, Little Miss wore her mama’s pink ruffled overalls a few weeks ago. She looked adorable!
I love the ruffled straps and the heart-shaped buttons. Oh, so sweet! I just love that Sugie held on to so many sweet things of mine for Anna Kathryn!
More to come . . . pray for sleep (seriously!) I’m pretty sure that once we get the hang of this Big Boy Bed stuff, we’ll never leave our house again. Ahhh . . . ch-ch-ch-changes . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment