Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Pun-kin!

As you may remember, we really love pumpkins around here . . . so, we did some pumpkin celebrating this weekend!

On Saturday, we carved our very first pumpkins!  Anna was there for the activities, of course, and I was insistent that she dress up for the occasion.  She tried to tell me that the orange did not go with her gown, but I didn’t listen . . . she was not too happy . . . IMG_3695

Getting started! IMG_3699

I love this one!  Checking out the inside of the pumpkin!  Fascinating! IMG_3705

Digging?  In a pumpkin?  PERFECT! IMG_3708

He he!

 IMG_3715

More helpin’ Daddy! IMG_3733

Not so sure about this after all . . . hmmm . . . IMG_3741 IMG_3748 IMG_3753

PAUSE:  Anna dropped her paci!  Big Brother William to the rescue! IMG_3758

‘poons!! IMG_3759

Carefully watching Daddy carve the face . . .  IMG_3768 IMG_3778

Neat!

 IMG_3783 IMG_3786

PAUSE:  Paci drop #2 . . . Hudson steps in to assess the situation! IMG_3790

This is one of my favorites . . .  IMG_3800

Auntie Al came into town from NYC to meet baby sis and to help us celebrate!  So, we put her to work as Mommy’s helper!  We started the morning making some fun, festive cookies!  (Thank you, Daley, for the cookie cut-ers!  LOVE THEM!) IMG_3596

Hudson was a natural . . .  IMG_3600 IMG_3603  And, we all enjoyed the finished product! IMG_3615 IMG_3625 IMG_3626 IMG_3630

“Lady” as Sugie calls her, wore her new pink dress to the cookie baking party.  She had a great time! IMG_3637

After naps, we decided to paint pumpkins!  Oh, what fun!  Thank you to Jan for bringing the boys such perfect pumpkins for painting! IMG_3650 IMG_3655 IMG_3659

Beautiful and so proud of his work! IMG_3661 IMG_3664

The finished masterpiece . . .  IMG_3668

The mark of a true artist!  (I love those chubby fingers!)

 IMG_3669

We eventually switched over to painting pictures of pumpkins.  This artist was quite serious about his work! IMG_3671 IMG_3672

Please note the difference in the two paper plates . . . Hudson’s is on the left (quite messy) and William’s is on the right (quite orderly)! IMG_3677

Two of my favorite painters.  Aren’t they so cute? IMG_3679 IMG_3682

Just proof that I was there . . . one sleepy mommy!  I am beginning to realize where Hudson gets his untamable mane . . . :) IMG_3686

Why not round out the afternoon with some relaxed coloring?IMG_3689

More to come from from our little farm after we get some rest around here!

Two cows.  Moo!

IMG_3836

Our sleepy Bunny!

 IMG_3876

2 comments:

Kristen Gardner said...

Your family is so precious! I love the sweet cow costumes, and Anna is JUST PERFECT!! Can't wait to meet that little peanut. :)

Elizabeth Johnson Phillips said...

We like to call the head butt hug the "rain man" hug. Henry used to be a big fan...now I miss them. Love you guys and miss you!!

Post a Comment