The internet has finally healed itself and posted my Happy Broccoli video . . . SO sorry about that! Click here to see it!
SO, We are back from vacation, and WE HAD A BLAST! We loved our time away with family and at the beach . . . it was very fun and a great getaway! I don’t have nearly as many pictures as I thought I would because I ended up being MUCH more tired than I had anticipated (lack of sleep on vacation plus big baby in my tummy AND mix that with some sandy babies who run around and mommy doesn’t have much time for photos) . . . but, I will eventually share what I do have!
Well, First things first: Baby Anna and I have thudded into our Third Trimester . . . “we” are officially 28 weeks and starting to feel VERY pregnant! Thinking of the (small) number of weeks between today and her arrival makes me sweat, so I am going to try to not think about it and get ready as fast as I can in the meantime. Here is a beach-background shot of 28 weeks! (And, yes, strangers say things to me like “Don’t go having that baby here today!” and other encouraging comments . . . lovely.)
We have been busy at work with our projects (read: DECK) . . . and despite our planning to move the boys to their new room, it has yet to happen. I have a “hurry, hurry, hurry” attitude about getting them into their room because I want them to be excited and settled and adjusted to that well before Baby Sister arrives. But, (like any pregnant woman) the thought of moving them out of their nursery just makes me want to cry! Oh, the conflict!
Our good friends, the Walkers, stayed at our house while we were away and while they were in between homes, and Jennifer made these (and hung them!!) for the boys! We are SO EXCITED, and we were so SURPRISED to see them! I had asked Jennifer to help me make them sometime this summer, and she did it for us and the boys as a thank you gift . . . how kind! I am just THRILLED with how they look!
You can see their new bedding and rug laid out below (although, I am not putting them in their big beds until they are crawling/climbing out and putting themselves in danger—we’re not big on independence around here! ha ha!) Jennifer set everything out so we could see it all together! Also, note the radiator cover-in-progress that Daddy the Decker has on his project list—fun, fun!
And, because I know you are dying for a sneak peak, here are a few beach pictures to hold you over! Also, FYI, our vacation detox is not going well: I think the boys were quite sad to wake up and find only mommy (and not their 29 closest friends plus Daddy) here to be with them today . . . the sleeping is better but still a work in progress . . . and, well, Hatch and I, together, ate 12 (TWELVE) cookies tonight. Bad news. We’ve got to get back to normal life . . . and fast!
The boys did LOTS of this: “Dig-um”
Some of us may have eaten some sand . . .
And, some of us may have been obsessed with the boats (okay, we are still obsessed with boats/kayaks/etc.)
More to come, I promise!
1 comment:
Shannon - you look GREAT! And what a fun getaway. Love the curtains Jennifer made.
Post a Comment