Tuesday, April 17, 2012

catching up . . . bit by bit . . .

so, last week, we headed to one of our very favorite places . . . CHAR-LA-STIN!

(sidenote:  1)  Tiny John Lennon’s glasses are prescription.  Amazing, I know.  and 2) sister took a good ole nap in the car and then had a 60 minute bout of E-I-E-I-O obession-induced hysteria around 10pm.  It was ugly, but she screamingly E-I-E-I-O’d herself to sleep and never looked back . . . )

some of the littles slept on the way there . . .

w sleeping 

and some did not (can you see the crazy in his eyes?)

IMG_4375

but, we made it, and we crashed at Un-tle’s house

IMG_7699

And then we hit un an Easter carnival, with a pony we had to ride but that left us simultaneously frozen in terror!

IMG_8046

And, we reminded Daddy that this is a working-vacation . . .

IMG_6668

and, finally, we all slept

IMG_8042

Shortly thereafter, we hit the beach!

IMG_2906

(have I ever mentioned how much I love having my babes on the beach?  oh, how I love it!)

IMG_0081

IMG_6050

Day 1 was action-packed and ended with a first date for Anna and handsome Gainsey-boy where they did what most loves do, they fed each other.  Meanwhile, the four parents tried to have a semblance of a conversation while dodging spilled drinks, sleep-deprived mania-melt-downs, and three 3 year olds and an almost 5 year old boy who were smashed between the grown-ups in a booth . . . it was wild, but, it was fun and we’d do it again in a heart-beat!

IMG_7612

the next day was Easter, and we had a great celebration . . . He has Risen, Indeed! 

(“Uncle” Laura took this picture and it may be one of my very favorites of all time.  OH MY HEART!)

IMG_7118

I eventually put my phone down and forgot to charge my camera, so the next few days were a blur . . . but, one of the highlights was driving the trucks at Publix.  It’s the little things, people.

IMG_6075

sampling some shades

IMG_1201

And, in honor of our last day, I pulled out the ole camera phone once again.  It was a GORGEOUS day.  Something about being at the beach and watching these little ones play while relaxing in the sand is just so perfect to me.  Oh, I LOVE IT.

Our days at the beach were quite busy . . . or, rather, the little ones were quite busy.  I was not busy, and I loved that!

IMG_0804

there were naps on the beach (GLORIOUS!) and meals on the beach

IMG_3095

then sissy threw a hissy about her hat

IMG_7821

and tried to run away . . . (another of my all-time favorite pictures)

IMG_6015

but, we got her back . . . and we packed up all of our gear into the car just in time for another snooze . . .

IMG_3509

Upon arriving home, we were extremely efficient and completely unpacked our car, only to re-zip suitcases and re-load the car the next morning to show our house!  I drove our car around with 4 (unpacked) suitcases in it for 48 hours because we had three showings!  Exciting.  So, today, I decided we needed to get some things done.  And, we gave Annabug a “baff”

IMG_9351

and, my assistants “helped” me unpack . . . or, not.

IMG_7824

then the detective set up this scene while I was upstairs . . . (I love how this boy’s mind works!)

IMG_5296

Naps were had by all (hooray!) at Sugie’s, and when this boy woke up, I couldn’t believe my eyes . . . he is so big and his hair is curly . . . and he is mine.  How did my baby get so very big?

IMG_8664

And, this one, she has started to give “EEEEEs,” or squeezes . . . and they are snuggly and long, strong squeezes, and OH I LOVE IT!

IMG_3373

IMG_8871

more to come, more to come . . . but for now, nighty night!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment