Saturday, September 17, 2011

How does your Garden Grow?

On Thursday, the weather was gorgeous, so Sugie and I headed to the Garden with our favorite four little ones.  We all had a great time, and we stopped for a minute to take a picture on the bench that is there in memory of my grandmother, Granny Ann.

IMG_7492

I know that Granny Ann would just love to see these little rascals of mine and Katie’s running all around the garden.  She loved her garden (she is the only person I know who grew cotton in the suburbs of Richmond!) and loved helping at the botanical garden, too.  I could definitely use her help at our house . . . our gardens never seem to do well!

IMG_7494

I love that Charlie is the only one actually looking at the camera here!  Our little friends were not the best photography subjects!

IMG_7496

These little ones are just so cute!  I think that people at the garden thought they were all mine.  I wouldn’t hesitate to claim them all, but I would be a VERY tired person if that were the case!

IMG_7501

I love this . . .

IMG_7508

The little monkeys had a blast!

photo 119

photo 124

***
and, in case you were wondering, sister has done a great deal of entertaining this weekend . . . some piano playing . . . (all of these were taken on my camera phone, so sorry for the poor picture quality!)

photo 122

. . . and a good bit of cooking, too . . .

photo 123

she loves to wave at everyone she sees—when we are out front, she will wave at every car that drives by!  she is quite hospitable and very friendly!

photo 118

AND, Mr. William has done such a fantastic job of giving up his paci!  The dentist mandated that the paci go, so Hatch and I were the enforcers, but it was William’s idea that he could eat ice cream if he slept without his paci.  And, well, we have eaten A LOT of ice cream.  Except for a brief moment the first day he napped without his paci, he hasn’t even mentioned wanting it!  William has such a strong will and because he is two years old, I normally see that played out in his stubbornness . . . but, I’m seeing now that he can use his determinedness for good!  We just have to channel it in the right direction!  ha ha!

photo 121

And, I will leave you with this:  Have a lovely weekend.  This beauty is so much fun, and so proud of herself and her new moves!  I love it!

photo 120

No comments:

Post a Comment