in case you doubted my feelings yesterday about the school year ending and my baby getting bigger, here is the proof . . .
small children wandering aimlessly through an already haphazard vegetable garden in their underwear {yes. underwear. help me, Lord.}
I have a hunch that this will be my most frequent view this summer: jaybirds in the “home depot pond, with ducks.” Why they call it that is beyond me. There are no ducks. We have never been to a Home Depot with a duck pond. Perhaps it is a conglomeration of their favorite things? ducks? ponds? home depot?
PURE JOY in this boy’s eyes!
Sister would have played, too, but it was her dinnertime. I’m not sure if you have heard, but she gets a little wild if she has to miss a meal. And, we’re not the neatest of eaters this days—bibs or naked jaybird-style are a better way to go, I do think . . . oh well, at least we enjoy ourselves!
I forgot to mention yesterday that Little Miss now sits up tall and straight. She has let the little adventurer within peek out as well . . . last week, she fell backwards in her crib and started cackling laughing. When I sat her back up, she did it again . . . and again. I fear I am seeing a tiny baby girl Hudson in my future. Oh, please help me!
She also calls out “da Da DA DAAA!” wherever we go. It’s her long, unending cry for her #1 fan. Lately, she acts shy around him, and if he doesn’t pay attention to her, she spits (yes—SPITS) until he turns his head her way!
Fun in the pool! Summer is here, and we are loving every minute so far. We didn’t even blow up the pool until close to 5:30 tonight. A mama’s gotta do something to pass the time while we wait for Daddy to get home. Fun times ahead!
{sidenote: anyone know where i can get some inexpensive craft supplies? googly eyes, construction paper, etc., etc., for my stock pile?}
2 comments:
www.orientaltrading.com
you can buy in bulk and it's pretty cheap...and they always send coupons and free gifts in their shipments. it's a teacher/mom's dream!!
I would try the dollar tree/store. The one in c'ville has all kinds of inexpensive craft supplies.
And, to reply to your comment on my blog, the aprons came from Marshalls. They had another set if you want me to pick it up for you sometime. Only $20! They had the one I got and a red and blue floral one that was also really cute.
Post a Comment